Event page for
July 9 or 10th, 2019
$20 per day
Hello everyone. I am Bonnie Ward and I am the director Day Camp. I am a member of the Stafford Church of Christ and a former camper and counselor at Silver Maple Camp.
Day Camp provides an awesome opportunity for kids to experience many of the experiences week long camp offers but in a shorter amount of time and under more supervision. We try to keep in line with the theme and activities that the week long session provides. The main difference for us is that we do our own Bible class instead of joining the other campers. Our class is longer and includes a lesson, craft, activity, and a snack. We join the other campers for singing, lunch, swimming, fishing, and crafts. The week long counselors help me as well as some other volunteers so we make sure that our campers are well supervised and have a great time. I look forward to seeing your child!
Check-in is at 9:00 a.m. and pick-up by 4:00 p.m. If, at any time, you need to leave the SMC campus you must let your cabin counselors know and check out with the director.
- Personal conduct of all campers will be in keeping with the Christian ideals of the camp in speech, behavior, and dress.
- Respect others.
- Be on time to all camp activities, unless excused by the nurse or directors/co-directors.
- Participate in all camp activities, unless excused by the nurse or directors/co-directors.
- Stay on camp grounds for the duration of the session.
- Boys do not enter the girls area of camp, and girls do not enter the boys area of camp, under any circumstances.
- No "rough housing", or fighting (physical & verbal). No one is to be thrown or pushed into the lake.
- Decency and modesty in dress will be expected at all times. This applies to length, tightness, and transparency of clothing, as well as messages and symbols on clothing. If in doubt, leave it at home. If an adult asks you to change, go change. Ladies, please be aware that you will be moving around during the day, please make sure you are modest from all angles.
- Campers are expected to be clean, and observe rules of good hygiene. This includes a daily shower.
- Each camper is responsible for his or her own belonging, he or she will be responsible for any lost items.
- Automobiles must remain parked and locked for the duration of the week, unless a director grants permission.
- Use of phones/ipods will be at the discretion of the director. Cameras are always welcome. Please leave other electronics at home. Directors reserve the right to confiscate any electronics that break this rule, OR if the director feels that they are being disruptive. All confiscated items, will be returned at the end of the week.
- No weapons allowed on camp ground, under any circumstance. Real or Fake.
- No fireworks
- Submission of registration, is considered as an agreement to follow and uphold all SMC rules. If these rules are broken, the director reserves the right to dismiss any counselor or camper from the session for the year.