Event page for
July 5th - 11th 2020
$210 All-Inclusive (Receive $25 off if you register By June 1st)
Theme: The Creation
Greetings everyone. This is Steve Sears, director of 1 st session of Silver Maple Camp. I'm a member of the Eastwood Church of Christ in Hutchinson, Kansas where I serve as associate minister and elder. It has been my privilege to work with your children for the past fourteen years. To me, this is the most teachable age from nine to thirteen. These kids love to learn and ask a ton of questions. Thank you for sending your children to our session.
This year's theme will be “The Creation”. Every day we will look at what God created on given days. Science and nature will play a part in explaining to the children how God, the Mastermind of the universe, purposely and intentionally, created all things for a reason. Hebrews 11:3 will be read and used as one of our memory verses for the week. We need to instill faith in our children. I get excited just thinking about our session this year. What a great opportunity our staff has in serving God in this capacity. May God bless you all. Registration is already set up and ready to go. See you on July 7th for opening day of session one.
Because of Christ, Steve SearsRegister
Check in for campers is anytime after 2:00 p.m. on Sunday and pick-up on Saturday before 10:00 a.m. If, at any time, you need to leave the SMC campus you must let your cabin counselors know and check out with the director.
- Personal conduct of all campers will be in keeping with the Christian ideals of the camp in speech, behavior, and dress.
- Respect others.
- Be on time to all camp activities, unless excused by the nurse or directors/co-directors.
- Participate in all camp activities, unless excused by the nurse or directors/co-directors.
- Stay on camp grounds for the duration of the session.
- Boys do not enter the girls area of camp, and girls do not enter the boys area of camp, under any circumstances.
- No "rough housing", or fighting (physical & verbal). No one is to be thrown or pushed into the lake.
- Decency and modesty in dress will be expected at all times. This applies to length, tightness, and transparency of clothing, as well as messages and symbols on clothing. If in doubt, leave it at home. If an adult asks you to change, go change. Ladies, please be aware that you will be moving around during the day, please make sure you are modest from all angles.
- Campers are expected to be clean, and observe rules of good hygiene. This includes a daily shower.
- Each camper is responsible for his or her own belonging, he or she will be responsible for any lost items.
- Automobiles must remain parked and locked for the duration of the week, unless a director grants permission.
- Use of phones/ipods will be at the discretion of the director. Cameras are always welcome. Please leave other electronics at home. Directors reserve the right to confiscate any electronics that break this rule, OR if the director feels that they are being disruptive. All confiscated items, will be returned at the end of the week.
- No weapons allowed on camp ground, under any circumstance. Real or Fake.
- No fireworks
- Submission of registration, is considered as an agreement to follow and uphold all SMC rules. If these rules are broken, the director reserves the right to dismiss any counselor or camper from the session for the year.