Event page for
June 20-26 2021
$210 All-Inclusive (Receive $25 off of you register By June 1st)
Theme: Make Me New
Theme Verse: Isaiah 43:18-19a
Do not call to mind the former things,
Or consider things of the past.
Behold, I am going to do something new!
My name is Zeboriah Carter and I am the director for this newest session of Silver Maple Camp. I am a teacher at Flint Hills Christian School in Manhattan, KS and I serve as a deacon for the Manhattan Church of Christ. For this week, students from 9-18 years old will gather to learn about God, sing songs of praise, form life-long Christian friendships, play games, and learn to encourage one another. This year we will focus on what God’s word says about becoming a new creation, and why we would want to become a new creation.
We should all be striving to become new creations in Christ Jesus. God created Adam and Eve in the garden and they were perfect – what he created was good. We should all be striving to become that perfect creation and we can in heaven. We will focus on what it means to die to sin and how we can die with Christ and be risen again with him as well! We will spend time intentionally studying our topic. We will look at the conversion story of Paul (Saul) and see how he thought he was doing the right things, but found out that he wasn’t and needed to be made new. We will look at King David and how he asked God for a completely new heart because he had sinned with his first one.
We will have classes taught by counselors from the word of God. We will spend some time in discussion on the topic of the week. We were memorize scripture (a new passage each day). We will also have some time for boys and girls separately to learn from each other. In addition to the time we will spend learning about God, we will also have a great time playing games – like softball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, swimming, arts & crafts – and many other fun activities! We are looking forward to a great week and hope you will join us!Register
- Personal conduct of all campers will be in keeping with the Christian ideals of the camp in speech, behavior, and dress.
- Respect others.
- Be on time to all camp activities, unless excused by the nurse or directors/co-directors.
- Participate in all camp activities, unless excused by the nurse or directors/co-directors.
- Stay on camp grounds for the duration of the session.
- Boys do not enter the girls area of camp, and girls do not enter the boys area of camp, under any circumstances.
- No "rough housing", or fighting (physical & verbal). No one is to be thrown or pushed into the lake.
- Decency and modesty in dress will be expected at all times. This applies to length, tightness, and transparency of clothing, as well as messages and symbols on clothing. If in doubt, leave it at home. If an adult asks you to change, go change. Ladies, please be aware that you will be moving around during the day, please make sure you are modest from all angles.
- Campers are expected to be clean, and observe rules of good hygiene. This includes a daily shower.
- Each camper is responsible for his or her own belonging, he or she will be responsible for any lost items.
- Automobiles must remain parked and locked for the duration of the week, unless a director grants permission.
- Use of phones/ipods will be at the discretion of the director. Cameras are always welcome. Please leave other electronics at home. Directors reserve the right to confiscate any electronics that break this rule, OR if the director feels that they are being disruptive. All confiscated items, will be returned at the end of the week.
- No weapons allowed on camp ground, under any circumstance. Real or Fake.
- No fireworks
- Submission of registration, is considered as an agreement to follow and uphold all SMC rules. If these rules are broken, the director reserves the right to dismiss any counselor or camper from the session for the year.